Leading 101- Improving Supervisor Effectiveness
24 Career Development
About the course
Leading 101 – Improving Supervisor Effectiveness – is an intensive interactive, multi-media course using discussion, hands-on activity and exercises that develop leadership influence skills. This highly regarded training applies the most current understanding of how leaders and supervisors can effectively influence the performance pf the officers who they work with. The class will prepare leaders and supervisors to build and deliver effective performance improvement techniques using case studies and most proven evidence-based leading methods. The course will provide state of the art thinking processes that include setting professional level work standards, meaningful performance evaluations, and progressive corrective action. This program helps supervisors and leaders improve their effectiveness, while getting the most from available leader time and resources. Evidence-based decision support leadership methods are a focus of this course.
Participants will be immersed in learning and practicing the very best, evidence based leadership methods training in a “Learn it today, use it tomorrow” format.
• Why Leading 101 and Every Day Leading Works – Evidence-Based Best Work Practices for Supervisors
• Leader Self-Awareness and Self-Assessment – Every Day Leading 720o 4D and the DiSC assessment
• Diagnostics for employee performance state and effective leader response using the Performance Leadership Model
• Building performance expectations including development of Resilience in employees
• Effective Supervisory actions using the Gallup Q12 Workforce Engagement Process
• Improving LEO Performance using Crawl, Walk, Run Coaching methods
• Evaluations and Performance Management including the Critique process (Find the Fix, not the Fault)
• Effective, Defensible Supervision and Corrective Action Processes
• Introduction of Case Studies