Leading 201- Case Studies and Leadership Applications for Law Enforcement Leaders
24 Career Development
About the course
Leading 201 – Case Studies and Leadership Applications for Law Enforcement Leaders – is an intensive interactive, multi-media course using case studies, discussion, and exercises that apply leader influence skills. Leading 201 applies, using case studies, information presented in Leading 101, and other leadership courses taught by Brian Crandell at NVCJTA. This highly regarded training uses case studies to apply the most current understanding of how leaders and supervisors can effectively influence the performance of the officers who they work with. The class will prepare leaders and supervisors to build and deliver effective performance improvement techniques using case studies and evidence-based leader actions. The course will provide state of the art thinking processes that include setting professional level work standards, meaningful performance evaluations, and progressive corrective action. This program helps supervisors and leaders improve their effectiveness, while getting the most from available leader time and resources. Evidence-based decision support leadership methods are a focus of this course.
Participants will be immersed in learning and practicing the very best, evidence based leadership methods training in a “Learn it today, use it tomorrow” case study format.
• Why Leading 201, Case Studies applying Every Day Leading Methods works – Evidence-Based Best Work Practices for Supervisors
• Build leader action plans including Coaching, Mentoring, and Collaborating in response to employees in the Willing, Capable and Peak performance states.
• Build leader action plans including Listener, Encourager, and in response to employees in the Disillusioned, Hesitant, and Reluctant performance states.
• Build leader corrective action plans, including with HR, Behavioral Health, and Legal in response to employees in the Disheartened and Toxic performance state.
• Apply Leader Self-Awareness and Self-Assessment – Every Day Leading 720o 4D and the DiSC assessment to Leader Responses in case studies
• Applying diagnostics for employee performance state and effective leader response using the Performance Leadership Model
• Apply performance expectations including development of resilience in employees
• Apply the Gallup Q12 Workforce Engagement Process in case studies.
• Improving LEO Performance using Crawl, Walk, Run Coaching methods.
• Apply Every Day Leading Evaluations and Performance Management including the Critique process (Find the Fix, not the Fault).
• Apply Effective, Defensible Supervision and Corrective Action Processes to law enforcement case studies.